To assist the designer with implementation of all stages of the design plan.
- Work closely with Design Directors to formulate concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics for each season.
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
- Research seasonal trends, themes, color, raw materials and styling for specified classification.
- Execute seasonal line list and meet product development calendar deadlines.
- Work with Technical Design in preparing and ensuring accuracy of specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Conduct fittings with Designer or Design Director.
- Work with Production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- 2-4 years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- High taste level and creative ability
- Strong color sense
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and calendars
- Good follow through, proactive
- Knowledge of garment construction and fabric/trim
- Strong illustration skills and sketching ability
- Knowledge of lab dips
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- BA Fashion Design
- Knowledge of Garment construction, wash process, color, pattern and textiles
- Strong sketching skills
- Understanding of line planning and product costing
- Ability to work well under pressure and ability to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines
If you are interested in applying to this job listing, please click on the link below:
J. Crew Group, Inc. - 15 months ago
J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South Street...