This position will act as a Associate Director/Director in the Medical Affairs Department at Genomic Health, Inc.
o Function as an important outreach person representing Genomic Health Medical Affairs
o Interact with key opinion leaders regarding GHI's messaging and products
o Deliver lectures as required before health care providers concerning GHI's products and their use
o Attend key medical meetings both to represent GHI and to gather competitive and educational information
o Assist Medical and Marketing/Sales on setting up and supporting Ad Boards, Speaker Training and External Payor Reviews as needed
o Function as a vital medical resource internally to Genomic Health, company-wide
o Answer medical questions from Customer Service, R&D and others
o Help in strategizing/problem-solving/prioritizing issues related to the medical marketplace and physician interaction
o Help manage the investigator-initiated study program
o Work with key departments (Medical, Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, Quadax etc.) in developing and implementing successful training programs as needed
o Serve as a key internal resource to marketing
o Give valuable input to marketing regarding positioning strategy and implementation tactics for GHI's products
o Take complex medical messages and position them in the best possible manor to enable clear and concise understanding by personnel within GHI
o Evaluate marketing tools for medical accuracy and completeness
o Stay abreast of new developments, papers and trends in Breast Cancer and work with Marketing to be a conduit to the field for review of these developments
o Serve as a key internal resource to sales
o Work with Directors of Field Sales to support training needs
o Travel as able with ROLs in the field to help with messaging and medical accuracy
o Be available to ROL's as a phone and/or speaker resource as needed
- MD degree required; medical oncology specialty training preferred
- Strong clinical/medical background (training and/or experience) with ability to successfully communicate and teach in a complex and competitive environment
- 1-3 years experience in a Medical Affairs organization preferred; will consider highly qualified candidates with less experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Public speaking ability and facility required
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging necessary
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Demonstrated team player
Planning and Implementation
This person helps to develop a department specific business plan which focus on results, not activities toward supporting the overall corporate plan. This person aggressively implements their plans with a bias for maximizing important resources including time, money, and return-on-investment.
This person skillfully learns and is able to adapt medically related product concepts and complexities to our sales and marketing environment. He/she is able to take these concepts (messages) and train our ROLs'/GNAM's on how to best utilize them in their efforts to educate and influence our external customers.
Professionalism and Commitment
This person strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development. This person walks the talk with respect to our corporate values and is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers.
Communication - External/Internal
This person has the ability to keep all parties informed of his/her activities as they impact select departments and will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions with respect to their own clinical growth and development.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world’s leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of...