Title: Associate Director/Director, Mergers and Acquisitions
Department: Mergers and Acquisitions
The Associate Director/Director, M&A are supporting roles to three VP's and the Managing Director in the highly visible M&A group of IAC. The M&A group works with the Office of the Chairman to determine acquisition opportunities, and is responsible for the execution of IAC M&A transactions. These positions represent a vital role within the group, and will be expected to lead or provide senior support on all aspects of transaction evaluation and execution . These positions will attend meetings with management teams of target companies and the senior management teams of IAC and our portfolio companies , lead valuation analysis at the direction of the VP or Managing Director, assess and execute potential investments and be an integral part of coordinating due diligence activities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, the Associate Director/Director will be responsible for leading all or part of the assessment and the execution of potential transactions and providing support to the team on a variety of projects . This will include, but may not be limited to:
- Performing industry research to highlight opportunities within IAC’s existing business verticals or expansion into new business verticals.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for potential transactions and l eading Associate Directors in compiling research, develop ing models and valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Participating as a team member in transaction negotiations and legal documentation.
- Analyzing and supporting corporate development activities which may be initiated, or led directly by, the staff of our business units.
- Interfacing with finance, legal and other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment banking (preferably in the M&A group). Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred. Experience in the consumer internet space and international marketplace preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research in heavily-transactional situations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK:
IAC - 13 months ago
Ask and you shall receive, especially when it comes to the Internet. Ask.com (formerly Ask Jeeves) operates an online question-and-answer...