The UCSF Foundation and the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) are responsible for fostering and strengthening the campus outreach efforts to UCSF constituents and for garnering private support for the campus. In raising private support, UDAR is responsible for identifying, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding donors for the schools, medical centers, departments and programs on campus; for formal acceptance and administration of all private gifts to the university through The Regents or the UCSF Foundation.
The Associate Director, Prospect Development, will administer in proper operational order the Medical Center and School of Dentistry’s clinical prospect referral system. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Prospect Management and Research, s/he will liaison with all internal and external parties necessary to insure the timely and accurate receipt and flow of prospect data to UDAR and throughout the entire program plan workflow.
The Associate Director will establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with UDAR, Medical Center, School of Medicine, Dental Clinics, School of Dentistry and UCSF constituencies who depend upon and make possible the clinical information handled and maintained by this function. These constituencies include, but are not limited to the following:
• Vice Chancellor, UDAR and members of the UDAR executive team
• Key administrative leaders and directors of development for all areas within UDAR having responsibility for clinical programs
• Director of information systems for UDAR, the Medical Center, School of Medicine, Dental Clinics, School of Dentistry and staff
• UDAR prospect management and research staff
• UDAR annual and special giving staff
• The Faculty Development Committee
His/her responsibility will include reviewing and assessing wealth screening results at all initial rating levels to validate identified matches, pre-qualify select validated matches at major gift initial rating levels for further assessment of gift capacity, assure that prospect referrals are distributed in a timely, accurate manner according to approved program plan, coordinate strategy sessions with the faculty development committee and corresponding development officers and ensure that agreed upon strategies are documented.
S/he will also conduct routine meetings with UDAR development officers to discuss activity and progress made with assigned referrals; work with staff to develop and document referral updates and strategies into the systems, produce and distribute reports needed by UDAR and university leadership to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the program according to agreed upon schedule and work closely with UDAR information systems to maintain and improve the functionality of the prospecting reports and clinical prospect referral system. S/he will ensure that the data is accurate, current and clean.
• BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a development setting.
• Strong knowledge of data management systems.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Exce.l
• Very good knowledge of and ability to use other Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Experience in a complex academic or healthcare environment.
• Program management experience.
• Ability to analyze, evaluate and contribute to strategic engagement plans .
• Knowledge of grateful patient fundraising best practices.
• Strong knowledge of donor life cycle.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• The ability to work as an effective collaborator with others.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
University of California San Francisco - 12 months ago