As a Director for Optum Data Management, this individual must have a collaborative mind set and work at all levels within information technology from Developers to DBAs to System Administration and within business organizations from associate to executive level. The ideal candidate will have professional services/consulting experience, broad healthcare industry experience, as well as delivery experience with some business development exposure. The candidate will be both a' thinker' and a 'doer' and will have demonstrated a high degree of collaborative business practices in his/her previous experience.
The ideal candidate will:
Candidates located in either the Minneapolis MN or Chicago IL areas are strongly preferred.
- Lead the overall delivery of Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing projects including the direct management of project team members
- Collaborate with business and technology departments to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings, support fact-based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Maintain work papers, project deliverables and other artifacts that can be recreated and leveraged as intellectual capital
- Perform project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans and presentations to client leadership
- Identify and document business process re-engineering opportunities including current and future state process flows
- Define, develop and document business requirements to ensure clients needs are captured and delivered
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Develop financial models and tools, including cost-benefit analysis, resource utilization models and performance reports
- Assess and recommend vendor products to client leadership
- Support the creation of sales pursuit materials and other business development activities
- Set and enforce Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence standards and architecture for enterprise data warehouse, data marts and analytical applications
- Possess excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Have previous consulting experience on large business process or systems integration projects
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or computer-related field preferred
- 7 or more years of Business Intelligence (BI) or data warehousing experience
- 5 or more years of management, project management, or leadership experience
- 5 or more years of database experience in at least one of the following Databases- DB2, Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata
- Excellent SQL programming skills and understanding of stored procedures used in data management systems
- Full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including experience with Enterprise Data warehouse data models and dimensional modeling concepts, source to target mapping and Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence architecture or design concepts
- Ability to travel up to 50%
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Big Data including familiarity with concepts and architecture including applicable technologies (HDFS, MapReduce, etc.)
- Experience with implementation and architecture of MPP solutions (Greenplum, Teradata or Netezza)
- Cognos or MicroStrategy experience in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, administration, or performance tuning
- Previous experience within a consulting environment or organization
- Previous healthcare experience
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you will be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It is always fresh. It is always exciting. And it has never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...