The Associate Director of the Center for Excellence in Writing has the following full year duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Director in identifying, collecting, assessing, and creating institutional writing resources;
- Developing and managing the daily services provided by the Center, including administrative responsibilities such as scheduling, payroll, and purchasing;
- Hiring, training, and supervising a team of student writing and communication consultants for the CEW and the broader university community;
- Collaborating with and providing workshops and other resources for graduate students and faculty. This includes the design, implementation, and assessment of writing workshops, dissertation and thesis completion groups, and grant writing colloquia; the integration of instructional technology; and the provision of advice and information on current trends and best practices;
- Creating and maintaining online support and resources including the Center's website and scheduler, synchronous and asynchronous tutoring, an online journal of model student writing, and resources for students and faculty;.
- Collecting data, preparing reports, and implementing assessment to improve the Center's services and programs.
Master's Degree required. Four or more years of experience with the teaching of writing, assessing writing, and organizing or administrating tutorial centers required.
Ph.D. preferred. A terminal degree in Writing, Rhetoric & Composition, TESOL, or a closely related discipline is strongly preferred.
University at Buffalo - 9 months ago
The University at Buffalo is a premier research-intensive public university, the largest and most comprehensive campus in the State Universi...