The Associate Director, Global Operations Business Management and Planning will work to Identify, develop, enhance and lead specific processes, projects, and procedures to facilitate effective decision making, ensure appropriate resource allocation, and maximize the efficiency of the business. Acting on behalf of the Head of Global Operations Business Management & Planning and the Head of GOESR as needed, this role will support the correct functioning of Commercial Centers of Excellence across Business Franchises and Regions and the Strategy Realization Office for Global Operations.
- Work directly for the Head of Global Operations Business Management & Planning to deliver the strategic and operational agenda of the department.
- Support the annual planning and business review process and resource allocation decisions across Global Operations.
- Support efficient operation by facilitating cross-functional processes, resolving urgent business issues, and coordinating special strategic projects.
- Support the GOESR leadership driving the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Represent the department and function as needed.
- Support the development and implementation of the strategic and business planning and review process in line with corporate planning agenda and integrating Countries, Regions and Franchises.
- Facilitate effective and fast decision making within Global Operations with regards to business management and resource allocation and investment choices across Global Franchises and Regions and countries.
- Work closely/ partner with key functions, including Controlling and Global Strategy & BD, to ensure appropriate information exchange, consistency and alignment to support key processes and decision making.
- Collaborate with GOESR Center of Excellence teams in securing relevant data needed for business planning and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and lead special strategic commercial projects upon assignment (e.g., business acceleration priorities, external strategic initiatives, etc.)
- Coordinate with Strategy Realization Office on key topics related to Global Operations including ensuring tracking, reporting and implementation of Fit for 2018 initiatives.
- Define and facilitate key global cross-functional processes e.g. DOC preparation, brand planning, etc.
- Develop and implement processes and tools that enable rigorous analysis and rapid decision making.
- Support review and challenge initial business case / investment proposals through a solid understanding of business models and strategies across GOC areas.
- Support effective running of GOESR function including budget management, organizational and resource planning, issue resolution, etc.
- Lead/ Support the development and coordination of the yearly objectives plans of the GOE&SR functions
- Lead GOESR budget planning and OP submission and ensure tracking and implementation during the year in cooperation with GOESR department heads and Controlling
- Support planning of the GOE&SR Leadership Team meetings and follow up on decisions.
- Support business issue resolution across the GOESR departments (market access & pricing, commercial excellence, business intelligence & decision support, business management & planning).
- Ensure efficient senior management decision making through solid understanding of operating model and senior management committees.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a complex set of senior stakeholders with regards to projects/business issues at hand (Global Franchises, Regions, and other functions).
- Effectively communicate and explain global standards and decision making process to relevant
- Stakeholders (orally, in written).
- Establish and maintain solid working relationship with all stakeholders at the country, regional and global level.
- Support Head of Business Management & Planning with day-to-day operations to include, and not limited to:
- Representing GOESR in Global Operations and other cross functional and project teams;
- Assist and support GOESR department leaders in achieving their objectives;
- Preparing for the GOC meetings (presentations, documentations, proposals etc...)
- Lead preparation of annual GOESR budget and OP submission in cooperation with GOESR department heads and Controlling
- With Controlling ensure appropriate budget tracking in place and ability to make spend decisions
- With SRO ensure tracking and achievement of Fit for 2018 initiatives
- University degree.
- MBA or advanced degree desirable.
- Consulting experience highly desirable.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 6 years experience in business operations, strategic planning and consulting.
- Proven experience in pharmaceuticals, preferably, sales and marketing, business development and functions in countries and / or in central organizations.
- Consulting experience is desirable (2-3 years)
- Thorough understanding of global business strategies.
- Strong project leadership experience.
- Demonstrated success in working in a global and multi-cultural environment.
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects teams and influence people
- Excellent communication & people management skills
- Excellent understanding of the roles & responsibilities of the Pharma Executive Committee and the Global Operations Committee and individual members
- Knowledge of the various relevant stakeholders in the Global Franchises and Regions
- Knowledge of the various relevant stakeholders in the Merck Group functions
- Understanding of pharma commercial model and cross-functional global commercialization processes
- Handle complexity and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Thorough understanding of the global business strategies
- Proven track record in designing, developing and managing business processes
- Proven track record of collaborating and partnering in multi-cultural organizations
- Ability to obtain results through working with people in different organizations and at different levels
- Ability to access and influence a variety of functions throughout the organization
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication oral & written skills.
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and have superior organizational skills
EMD Serono - 14 months ago