Join the fastest growing internet retailer in the United States – Quidsi (parent company of Diapers.com, Soap.com, and Beautybar.com). We’re looking for an experienced professional that has a passion for apparel and can thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, and not afraid to take risks. This individual will be working with strategic vendors to create promotional programs that drive new buyer acquisition, increase revenues for current buyers and improve customer retention. We are looking for the right individual to help us drive growth and margin through assortment planning, vendor business development and negotiations, co-op marketing, onsite merchandising and inventory management. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Work with existing vendor base to negotiate terms improvement, develop new incentive programs, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to our fulfillment centers
- Ensure profitability by accurate forecasting and close monitoring of procurement margin
- Establish new direct accounts in support of selection expansion and margin improvement
- Lead supplier/publisher business reviews
- Partner with strategic vendors to drive new buyer acquisition.
- Plan vendor funded promotions to drive sales and increase retention.
- Develop on-line merchandising and promotion proposals and calendar to achieve sales targets.
- Develop business rules to support ongoing online merchandising leveraging our online search and merchandising capabilities
- Oversee initial product set-up. Update and maintain vendor/item database as necessary.
- ASSORTMENT PLANNING AND PRICING
- Develop and execute optimal category strategy, product assortment, pricing, promotions, and merchandising plans
- Perform financial analysis of business categories and provide insights of sales, pricing, and other ongoing opportunities for growing the business
- INVENTORY & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Project sales by SKU, and work with supply chain to purchase inventory required to support sales
- Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flows (including the forecasting, purchasing, and return of new and catalog products). Involves determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
· BA from top undergraduate institution, MBA preferred.
· At least five years of work experience buying apparel, ideally within children’s clothing. Exposure to e-commerce a plus.
· Superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external)
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a team
· Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
· Strong analytical acumen and comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses
· Exceptional problem-solving skills while managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
· Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must
· Creative thinker
Knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred, as well as an agility with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
Quidsi Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...