The Associate Director Statistics - Medical Affairs will actively provide statistical consulting and statistical direction in collaboration with the Medical Affairs Department. The statistician may be assigned clinical development projects as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide statistical consulting for publications, presentations, posters at medical meetings and any other requests not covered in the clinical study report. This includes data mining, meta-analysis, and support for data-driven analyses. Co-author publications.
- The Associate Director Statistics - Medical Affairs will interact with authors, referees and in-house reviewers in the preparation of publications, presentation and posters.
- Develop working relationship with key opinion leaders on Theravance Scientific Advisory Boards
- Provide statistical reviews of proposed design and analysis of investigator research proposals
- Provide in-house technical advice on current advances in statistical methodology
- The Associate Director Statistics - Medical Affairs will determine the most efficient way of performing the analyses balancing between in-house resources and outside CROs
- Perform “hand’s on” statistical analyses in support of publications.
- Create a process for documenting transparency and reproducibility of data and analyses in publications
- The Associate Director Statistics - Medical Affairs will provide training on statistical topics and on SOPs/WPs
- Help set scientific standards for Medical Affairs publications.
- The Associate Director Statistics - Medical Affairs will manage outside CROs and consultants as needed
- Work closely with other departments in the company (regulatory, clinical, marketing, data management, etc.) and provide statistical consulting for a variety of functional groups.