Responsible for the development, administration and support of university enterprise IT architecture and production systems. Provides leadership and oversight for activities related to system architecture, migrations of patches, modifications and upgrades across all environments.
1. Manage the Enterprise Systems and Development and Architecture Groups, with operational responsibility for the installation, maintenance and performance of servers, storage, application platforms, databases, backups, disaster recovery and administration of networked applications.
2. Develop short and long range plans for resources including server and storage capacity, hardware equipment, software, communications protocols, application development methodologies, database systems, modeling tools, data structures, user interfaces, information access and information display.
3. Develop and oversee production activities of architecture documentation including business objectives, foundation principles, schematics, guidelines, standards, interoperability and compliance.
4. Analyze systems including capacity planning, fault tolerance, performance, new and advanced technology, monitoring and service levels and develop recommendations to improve overall enterprise systems performance and efficiency.
5. Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to usages of servers, administration and operation of system administration, installation and upgrades of applications, backups, performance monitors, troubleshooting and emergency response.
6. Prepare budget proposals for the maintenance and expansion of servers, systems, storage and disaster recovery. Review and evaluate vendor proposals for the purchase of hardware, software and technical services.
7. Provide detailed technical counsel and expertise and serve as resource regarding all aspects of systems, servers, and enterprise infrastructure to other campus and community groups. Identify interdependencies and integration issues and foster cooperation amongst functional areas. Coordinate and facilitate the transfer of knowledge between consultants and university personnel.
8. Develop and test disaster recovery plans for servers, storage and enterprise infrastructure, coordinating with affected campus units as needed.
9. Coordinate troubleshooting activities of IT systems and related service problems.
10. Provide expertise on architecture and vision, and networked services and applications to campus task forces and other committees.
Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience, with at least 5 years in advanced systems architecture and management experience. Experience in a higher education environment and with multiple operating systems, storage, security and integration techniques preferred. Excellent communication and presentation skill. Strong leadership, customer relationship and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by February 18, 2013 at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board
Employee Relations and Human Resources
809 S. Marshfield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated
to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration
welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with
disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute
to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard