Manage the daily office operation of the Financial Aid Office to assure that accurate and timely delivery of funds to students is achieved. Responsibilities include reporting and compliance functions for all aid programs.
Supervise and train professional and classified staff.
Assist the Director of Financial Aid in developing policies and implementation procedures for processing, tracking, editing, screening, evaluating, verifying, awarding and managing the financial aid program.
Perform quality control functions including identifying and correcting deficiencies in personnel, computer systems, communications, and office procedures.
Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are in compliance with federal, state, and system regulations.
Coordinate athletic grants including NCAA financial aid reporting and compliance.
Provide counsel and advice to students, parents and others regarding higher education financing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five to seven years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, motivation, and accountability for staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, and administrative staff.
- Proven ability to understand, manage, and modify a highly automated/computerized student aid application and delivery system.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct a high paced workplace in order to meet numerous critical deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to articulate and respond to the needs of students, including those with unique circumstance and needs.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities - 30+ days ago