Manage a team of Medical Technologists and Medical Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants. Assist with administration of
laboratory testing in accordance with applicable regulations governing clinical laboratories.
skills training, and work supervision. Meet regularly with staff and senior management to discuss and resolve workload
- Manage and direct the daily activities of assigned laboratory work group(s) through appropriate delegation, technical
and technical issues.
Assist in developing performance standards. Monitor work, develop staff skills and evaluate performance.
- Screen and assign workload. Plan, prioritize and assign tasks and projects. Counsel, train and coach laboratory staff.
assurance procedures. Ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- Assist in establishment and revision of laboratory policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality
procedures in the assigned area(s) as needed. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of
- Keep abreast of new technical developments. Assist with implementation of new tests, equipment, programs and/or
services and operational efficiency.
initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee
- Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, coorperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participate in
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources
Please read carefully. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will NOT be considered for this role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of clinical testing procedures and applicable laboratory testing regulations
- Working knowledge of quality assurance and quality control principles and in depth knowledge of company-specific
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health rules and regulations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective supervision and coaching skills
- High ethical standards
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
combination of education, training and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a health sciences field and 9 years relevant experience including 3 years leading staff; or equivalent
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
materials, toxic gases
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required
- May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
USA04 - US - CTS
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it helps pharmaceutical,...