Reporting the Head of Market Research and Competitive Intelligence, this role will have initial responsibility for executing forecasting/analytics as well as market research projects in Gilead’s Oncology therapeutic area, and working with Therapeutic Leads in these areas to guide product and franchise strategy.
This role must leverage a broad skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic knowledge, communication skills, etc.) to help drive the success of Commercial Planning & Operations’ (CP&O’s) work with a variety of key internal customers – including R&D and Commercial Project Teams, functional Commercial Operations counterparts, Project & Portfolio Management, Corporate Development, and global Commercial leadership.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to execution (or managing the execution) of the following:
• Develop and maintain long-term forecast models for marketed and pipeline products, including forecasts of epidemiological, competitive market, price, revenue, and commercial expense data
• Collaborate with internal Market Research, Literature Resources, Competitive Intelligence, R&D, and Marketing/Sales leads to identify and include quality data assumptions into forecasting models
• Carry out base-case and scenario modeling using long-term models to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Corporate Development, Finance, and Corporate executive leadership
• Conduct complex analytics (e.g., analytical patient segmentation analyses based on chart audits) derive key insights for use in marketing strategies
• Work with Market Research group to scope, design, and manage the execution of quantitative market research (e.g., discrete-choice conjoint) to inform revenue forecasting via predictive patient share modeling
• Examples of decisions that may be informed by analytics include progression of internal assets through the R&D pipeline, partnerships or acquisitions of specific assets or whole companies, strategic portfolio mix, product pricing at launch and at the time of generic competition, etc.
Oncology Market Research
• Work with Commercial Planning & Operations therapeutic experts to develop forward-looking market research plans based on key business needs (e.g., physician interviews to inform go/no-go decision for initiation of Phase 3, payer interviews to inform pricing assumptions for revenue forecasting purposes, etc.)
o Project types including but not limited to treatment flow mapping, segmentation, attribute/benefit testing, positioning/messaging, etc.
• Primary research:
o Develop qualitative (e.g., IDI) and quantitative (e.g., rating/ranking, MaxDiff, conjoint) market research surveys for use with physicians, AHPs, patients, and payers
o Work with 3rd-party vendors to field surveys, including participation and in some cases leadership of interviews
o Analyze survey results to understand data, key market insights, and implications for Gilead
• Secondary research:
o Analyze secondary data sources to produce summaries, and insights/implications
o Evaluate potential new secondary data sources, rationalize against array of data sources currently used by Gilead
• Communicate results of market research to a variety of internal customers at all levels of the organization
o Develop polished communication materials (slides, documents) targeted to key audiences
o Present and lead discussion of results in a collaborative, efficient manner
o Work with Commercial Planning & Operations therapeutic leads to understand implications of market research insights for Gilead’s business, and develop plans to address
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Oncology and hematology prior experience is required along with experience working on marketed and pipeline molecules
• Prior experience conducting, analyzing, and communicating qualitative and quantitative market research is required
• Prior experience in patient-based market/revenue modeling is required
• Evidence of group and/or project leadership (history of interaction with cross-functional partners, conflict resolution, and consensus-driving) is required
• Must possess good task management skills-- planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
• Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
• Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
Specific Education and Experience:
• A BS degree (or higher) in life sciences or medicine (or equivalent) is required, and an MBA is desirable
• A minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals is required
• Experience in biopharmaceutical-focused marketing consulting is desirable
Gilead - 14 months ago
Gilead Sciences has biotech balms for infectious diseases, including hepatitis, HIV, and infections related to AIDS. The company's HIV...