Cardno ENTRIX has one of the largest private groups of agricultural and natural resource economists in the United States. Economics expertise is integrated into most of the Company’s other practices, particularly water resources, land use management, litigation support, and environmental liability management. Economists are located in offices throughout the country, but work as a national team to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking an Associate Director to help us expand our natural resource economics practice in the West Coast. The ideal candidate has 15 or more years of experience, with an emphasis in water resource economics, and a proven track record in establishing and building client relationships. The ability to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams and mentor staff is also critically important.
- Develop and actively pursue new markets to acquire additional work for the company, and maintain client relationships on existing projects
- Provide technical support and economic analyses for a wide range of projects
- Manage small- and large-scale tasks, projects and marketing efforts
- Provide guidance to other economists on research methods and analytical techniques
- Assist in fostering a strong team environment and developing high-quality products
- Bachelor's degree in Resource or Agricultural Economics with a minimum fifteen years of relevant professional experience, including college research and work experience. Candidates with an advanced degree highly desired.
- Experience as an Expert Witness in litigation matters
- Experience in economics related to water, land and agriculture, environmental issues, energy, and related issues
- Demonstrated track record of business/client development
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities, including economic theory, mathematics and statistics, and quantitative methods to measure economic benefits and costs of projects and policies
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Cardno ENTRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Strong business and client orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as the candidate will work closely with clients and other employees on a variety of projects
- Solid time-management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks and projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Coursework in business, finance, planning, environmental sciences, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word & Excel, and demonstrated ability to work with statistical software
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish) is a plus