Associate Director- Beginning Of Employment Apps Technical Lead-BUS000742
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the HR Applications group within the HR Operations organization, the selected candidate will be responsible for business ownership of the technology enabled components of the beginning of employment process. This includes responsibility for and taking initiative around the following:
- Work closely with SAP HCM business owner to ensure open position management and pre-hire / hire actions fully support and optimize the end-to-end beginning of employment process
- Serve as business owner and vendor manager on behalf of Merck/MSD to Taleo
- Subject Matter Expert and Point of Contact for Taleo to the recruiting teams globally
- Partner with Merck IT to ensure that the Taleo system and its users are adequately supported and that total cost of ownership remains within budget
- Enable the continued global expansion of Taleo taking care to ensure that it is scalable and supports both the needs of the business in each country / market as well as conforms to the global blueprint and data privacy principles
- Ensure appropriate steps are taken to achieve a functional level of organizational readiness for all new country deployments and enhancements
- Collaborate with Compliance and Legal COE’s to ensure necessary compliance guidelines are met
- Actively manage end user, stakeholder and implementation / delivery partner relationships and expectations
- Continuously focus on improving technolgy enabled processes
Education: Bachelors Degree
- Mid to large scale project management expertise in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in relationship building / maintenance, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and self-directed as well as part of a cross functional team.
- An affinity for technology and prior experience managing technology enabled processes, ideally in an SAP driven environment
- Understanding of and appreciation for basic data privacy concepts and priciples (e.g., importance of securing data at rest and in transit, ensuring data is used in a way that is consistent with the intended purpose)
- Experience with selection, design, implementation and management of technology-based sourcing and direct sourcing tools and ATS systems
- Working knowledge of compliance issues relative to OFCCP, EEOC and Sarbanes Oxley
- Global recruiting process/technology experience is highly desired
- Experience with Taleo ATS preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Job Title : Assoc. Dir, Business/Tech. Analysis
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...