Responsible for the support of Instructional Technology Lab (ITL) activities, including Learning Management Systems and related technology services involved in education delivery.
1. Manage the Instructional Technology Lab, with operational responsibility for the LMS and related systems, support of faculty and students regarding teaching and learning technologies and management of the ITL physical offices.
2. Advise Director regarding Learning Management Systems and other technologies involving teaching and learning.
3. Implement operation policies and procedures for daily administrative matters regarding the ITL
4. Evaluate industry trends in products and services for use in distance education, collaboration and other teaching/learning technologies. Liaison with departments, and campus committees regarding teaching and learning technologies.
5. Develop polices recommendations for unit, coordinating with related groups in department.
6. Provide detailed technical counsel and expertise regarding all aspects of teaching and learning, to Director and other department groups.
7. Review and initiate programs that commit department resources; recommend and establish policies relating to department support of teaching and learning activities, technologies and resources
8. Provide expertise to internal teams and extended task forces on Campus. Train department staff to ensure consistent support to faculty, staff, and students on recent technology trends and systems
9. Direct development of training guides, manuals, and how-to documents for dissemination to faculty, staff, and students.
Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned .
A Bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, communications, business, or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in instructional technology or related work experience, with at least 3 years project management. Experience with Blackboard or other LMS in higher education preferred. Excellent communication and presentation skill. Strong leadership, customer relationship and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by February 18, 2013 at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board
Employee Relations and Human Resources
809 S. Marshfield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Back to Job Board