The Reporter/Editor is responsible for every aspect of market reporting, including the collection and publication of Crude market information, running an assessment process, assessing the values related to the Crude market, reporting market-related news, writing commentary and analysis, contributing to methodology development and engaging with market sources.
Assess Crude Markets -
Write high-quality market commentaries -
- The editor in this position assesses the value of a defined set of markets, accurately and fully in line with our rigorous and well-known methodology.
- The editor will survey market participants (buyers, sellers and brokers) throughout the day; publish price updates through the day as heards, especially all information that might be used in assessing value; run an intensive one-hour or so window period from at the end of the assessment day; demonstrate a thorough understanding of Platts' methodology; be rigorous when using mathematics and excel spreadsheets; demonstrate ability to do a full set of assessments without the aid of a spreadsheet; and ensure our methodology for market is up to date.
Reports news about the markets -
- The editor is responsible for writing commentaries associated with his or her assessments readers. The commentaries are intended to help our readers better understand what is happening in the market, and to better understand how we have arrive at our assessments.
- The reporter should file commentaries as news stories before midday if markets are volatile or unusually interesting; avoid repetitive and formulaic commentaries, where the same structures and phrases are used every day; closely monitor relevant inter-product and inter-region spreads; and ensure commentaries meet our editorial standards for writing and reporting.
- The editor is responsible for engaging with market sources around the region, including those who are not regularly in the Market-on-Close assessment process.
- Excellent engagement helps ensure we are close to market developments, methodology development is strong, story writing is creative, and that channels of communication are established and open with market sources.
- The editor should find and nurture new market sources; maintain a good relationship with existing sources; and manage all contacts and relationships.
- Preferably two years of relevant reporting or analytical experience (new graduates will be considered with appropriate skills training)
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to perform well with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Excel is a big plus
- Second language preferred
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
, the world’s leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. Platts is a division of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....