With minimal supervision, collaborates with licensed school personnel to support the District’s student achievement goals and discipline and behavior policies and assists teachers in accordance with
The Standards of Effective Instructional Support for Educational Assistants.
Independently implements a variety of student, family, community services and educational programs in support of district cultural diversity goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semester college credits, and/or AA degree in the area of Education, Child Development, Child Psychology, Behavioral Sciences; or area related to position assignment.
- Two (2) years experience working in the
Minneapolis Schools or comparable educational setting preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet school, student, and program needs.
- Attend mandatory Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and Documentation trainings within one year of being hired for the position and maintain a current expiration date on the CPI card by taking Refresher class annually.
- Knowledge of related educational programs and the school community.
- Training and experience in the use of computers and other technology equipment.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Ability to act in a leadership role and independently initiate and follow through on tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills in working with students, families, and community representatives and in collaborating with school personnel.
- Experience working with teen parents and or alternative school students.
- Experience or training with youth development training
- Implement and maintain school programs and student services.
- Act as a liaison between the students, family, community, and the school.
- Work with program coordinator to provide behavior support to classroom teachers.
- Provide mediation support to assist students with conflict.
- Collaborate with staff on lunch/recess duties, serve as a member of the building attendance team, run automated daily attendance calls Collab.
- Participate in, provide information to, and/or facilitate staff team meetings related to school programs and student services.
- Act as a resource to provide knowledge of services and program objectives to staff, departments, and the community.
- Involved in planning, coordinating, and developing school programs and student services.
- Conduct evaluations and provide information related to program assessment used to measure program effectiveness.
- Use technology skills to organize and deliver school programs and student services.
- Meets District’s standards for employee performance and attendance.
- Participate in staff development/professional growth activities relevant to position, responsibilities and School Improvement Plan (SIP) and Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Perform related duties as assigned/requested.
Local 59 ESP $17.94 per hour
- Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
School environment; may involve lifting up to 40 pounds; and the ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended periods of time, both indoors and outdoors.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Bethune School @ 612-668-2550
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment).
In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply.
Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested.
Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Minneapolis Public Schools - 21 months ago