Associate HR Manager - Ontario
Req Number: hein-00004736
Heinz North America is seeking an Associate Human Resources Manager for our manufacturing facility which produces our Ore-Ida brand products. As the largest manufacturing plant within HNA this offers a rare opportunity for an experienced generalist to take their career to the next level. Working directly for the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will provide both tactical and strategic Human Resource (HR) generalist support in this large frozen food plant. In this role, you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals and partner/participate in Heinz wide HR projects.
Who will be successful in this role? A leader who will.
The Associate Human Resources Manager will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the plant.
* Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices. Investigate and advice regarding internal and external employee relations and concerns working with corporate team on responses.
*Partner with client and lead on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
* Responsible for ensuring that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and organizational development
* Will lead and develop the plant HR staff.
* Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment driving employee engagement, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives including development and execution of a communication rhythm to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place
* Works with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including ensuring that the affirmative action program is kept current and that all employees at the Plant location adhere to guidelines of this program.
*Ensure compensation packages are competitive with the local area. Work with corporate compensation to recommend and implement benefits/compensation programs, which respond to the changing work force and provide a competitive advantage.
*Be a champion for employee wellness initiatives and drive through activities, education and awareness.
*Participate in the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
*Accountable for the QRMP system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targets.
* Will be responsible for managing the HR departmental budget
Experience - External:
The following skills and experience are required to be considered for this position:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college. Master's degree in Human Resources or business administration from an accredited university or college (MHR, MLHR, MILR, MBA) strongly preferred.
3+ years Human Resources Generalist experience required, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
1+ year supervisory experience is highly preferred
Union experience along with PHR and/or SPHR certification a plus.
Ability to balance role as employee advocate and business partner while maintaining neutrality and credibility with the organization
' Experience developing and driving creative programs to attract and engage employees.
' Possess accurate and updated knowledge of Federal and State laws applicable to wages, hours, working conditions, safety, labor relations, etc. to ensure compliance with state and federal legal requirements.
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
Heinz is a global powerhouse with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Heinz was recently ranked #1 in overall Customer Satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index against 225 companies in 47 industries. We are able to achieve these great milestones through great people - our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day. Your career with us is limited only by your drive, ambition and imagination and we're committed to maximizing the talents of those who join us. We invite you to learn more about this career opportunity and determine if you're ready to join Heinz!
H.J. Heinz Company - 19 months ago