Share Position: Associate Legal Counsel - #5400 Job Code: 5400
Location: GOJO Plaza
- Full time
- Work Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- No direct reports initially
- < 10% travel required, possibly some international travel
- No relocation assistance
- Position located at GOJO Plaza in Akron, OH
Prevents and minimizes risk exposure to the enterprise through proactive business partnering and the innovative practice of law. Owes fiduciary responsibility to the company. Creates corporate presence through proactive business partnering by offering solutions from legal perspective.
- Promotes ethics and high standards of industry leadership to protect business reputation.
- Translates legal theory and process into business/commercial terms and effectively communicates to business persons.
- Identifies, analyzes and assesses corporate risks, responsibilities, rights and privileges.
- Manages legal matters according to company standards, principles and practices.
- Reviews, drafts, and negotiates contracts.
- Develops processes to ensure a compliant workplace.
- Represents the company before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- Interprets laws, rulings and regulations for the company.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Scans laws and regulations to stay current.
- Manages intellectual property protection.
- Advises business leaders of risks, responsibilities, rights and privileges.
- Assesses and manages risk to safeguard company.
- Monitors compliance in legal and regulatory arenas in respect to relevant statute or law.
- Protects confidential information.
- Analyzes and assesses enterprise activities for risk implication.
- Provides input for business strategy and tactics.
- Applies technical expertise to business problems resulting in strategies and tactics to meet
Intellectual property protection; contract management; legal and regulatory compliance; risk assessment; fiduciary responsibility; timely and accurate information; communication; staying current with legal decisions which may impact business; ethical practice; process development
Additional General/Technical Skills Required
- JD degree and license to practice law in Ohio.
- Three to four years’ experience, (but not more than five) in corporate area of law firm or in-house legal department of manufacturing environment with broad general legal background (employee relations; intellectual property; regulatory (i.e. OSHA, EPA, USPTO, EEO); contract law; international law).
- Experience using word processing and data basing programs required.
- Regulatory agencies
- General business
- Corporate operations
- Law and Government-Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Apply for this position Return to Job Listings
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analysis skills
- Project management skills
- Priority setting
- Risk assessment skills
- Legal research skills
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion-Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making-Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation-Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving-Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Translate legal theory, practice and processes into business/commercial terms and effectively communicate to business persons
Send position to a friend
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Employer M/F/D/V. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes sent electronically for positions that are not listed below.
GOJO Industries - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
GOJO Industries wants to go where other forms of good hygiene haven't. The company makes hand cleaners for professional and consumer...