Associate Manager supports the operation of a profitable building through successful selling floor supervision and management of division of responsibility. Assist Store Director in the daily operation of the store including; scheduling, inventory, payroll, training, day to day paperwork and maintaining store appearance.
People and Self Development
- Leads by example by providing quality customer service
- Coaches the team on discretionary services and clienteling
- Acts in the best interest of the customer
- Delivers above and beyond service
Drive and Produce Results
- Provides timely and constructive feedback to associates
- Delivers performance counseling
- Receives feedback in an open and receptive manner
- Takes ownership of self development
- Trains the team on J.Crew standards
- Recruits and retains a staff that reflects the needs of the business
- Performs division of responsibilities with competence and minimal supervision
- Delivers results in all Key Performance Indicator’s through successful selling manager role
- Maintains a visually enticing store that is neat clean and organized
- Participates in store meetings, management meetings, and business partner visits
- Provides global feedback and offer possible solutions to corporate / store business partners
- Utilizes store director and associate managers as partner in communication chain
- Sets clear expectations and provide direction on how to achieve
Foster Teamwork and Develop Partnerships
- Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency and minimize impact on customer experience
- Seeks creative solutions to challenges
- Adapts management style as necessary to the audience
- Maintains a healthy work environment for team
- Serves as a business partner to Regional Visual Merchandise Manager, Regional Director, Market Director, and Store Director
- Supports new initiatives
- Interfaces with all levels of management and associates in a manner that promotes learning and mutual respect
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- Three to five years retail management experience
- Must be customer focused
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide feedback as needed
- Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork and develop partnerships.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong eye for fashion
- Physical requirements: lift /carry/move 40 lbs minimum including fixtures and product.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, overnights, weekends
- Ability to actively supervise the sales floor
J. Crew Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South Street...