Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Group Distribution Company’s role is to provide high quality sales services to Altria’s tobacco companies. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Sales Specialist to join our Sales Merchandising department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing National Distributor incentive programs, managing function-specific data, processes, and business relationships in support of the Altria Group Distribution Company’s (AGDC) Sales Merchandising Department.
In this role, you will provide customers and operating companies with distributor incentives to meet trade and operating company expectations while adhering to business and regulatory requirements. Representing AGDC as a service organization, you will be responsible for interacting with various stakeholders, including customers, AGDC Sales Force Representatives and Altria Headquarters’ employees.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Managing, analyzing and making decisions based on data pertaining to AGDC’s sales and distribution operations
- Establishing and cultivating collaborative partnerships with AGDC Direct Customers and Field Sales Force, 3rd Party Vendors, and Altria’s operating and service companies
- Identifying, championing and leading initiatives for optimization of AGDC’s distributor incentive programs
- Translating role specific data into relevant business information and communicating to varying levels of the organization
- Collaborating with the Finance, Legal, and Information Systems organizations while performing tasks pertaining to contract management, financial reporting, systems integration and business process creation
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Organized, disciplined and takes a self-directed approach to work tasks
- Advanced problem solving, analytical capabilities with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead as well as contribute in a team environment and manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and systems knowledge
- Leadership presence with the ability to interact across multiple organizational levels
At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.