The Associate Manager of Market Research & Industry Collaboration for Samsung Information Systems America (Samsung’s US R&D organization) will be responsible for conducting market research and competitive analysis, monitoring industry trend to identify new growth areas for the target research segments. In addition this role would need to drive technology collaboration involving universities and Oversea Samsung R& D centers.
Duties & Resp.
Necessary Skills /
- Understand the overall landscape of Samsung Electronics R&D efforts globally to facilitate stronger collaboration and efficiency
- Conduct market/competitive analysis to form shared view of the marketplace/
- Research and identify growth areas of the targeted segments.
- Generate monthly report and quarterly in-depth report.
- Conduct benchmarking of local companies on R&D methodology.
- Present US technology trends.
- Participate in the annual business plan process, collaborating with internal groups and headquarters
Samsung Information Systems America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field, with an MBA preferred
- 5+ years of strategic technology planning experience in high technology or management consulting organizations
- Strong understanding of a broad range of technologies relevant to R&D organizational investments and activities, with an emphasis on software technology
- Bilingual, Korean and English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to multi-task in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national organization
- Willing to travel on a regular basis to Korea
Samsung - 11 months ago
Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous subsidiaries...