The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will assist in the development of mechanical system and subsystem designs,
associated design documentation, system and component test plans and procedures, and installation and commissioning
plans for gas turbine modules (GTMs) in mechanical drive and electrical generator applications
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and experience
- Support engineering analyses, development of technical specifications, selection of key system components, and
creation of 3D/2D drawings and structural, piping, and assembly drawings.
- Support system detailed design and development through gated reviews, evaluate compliance to customer
- requirements, support configuration management, and assist in factory and shipboard installation, commissioning, and
- Provide technical inputs for logistics analyses and technical support documentation and provide engineering technical
support to customers, suppliers, and field service personnel.
- Support proposal development, conduct tradeoff analyses, and develop engineering change proposals.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Must be able to obtain Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Passing of FE test or PE preferred
- Self-motivated, confident individual with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make well-informed, rational decisions and demonstrate problem-solving skills within organizational policies
and proceduresAbility to make well-informed, rational decisions and demonstrate problem-solving skills within organizational policies
and proceduresComfortable working periodically in an industrial, shipyard, or shipboard environment
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...