The Associate Merchant will coordinate & execute the leadership strategy for the merchandise assortment, typically owns a small category and/or collection; support & develop brand-right product that leverages intuitive client insights and business strategy. Apply financial acumen to deliver results and maximize volume/profit through systems management and seamless execution; pattern & understand the competition and relevant trends to make business recommendations; partner with cross-functional team; take direction under moderate supervision, exercising a minimal degree of autonomy/decision making; typically reports to Manager level & no direct reports (but may direct the work of others); 3+ yrs experience
- Statistical/historical preparation for assortment planning (analyzes historical and current trends)
- Support Merchant in presenting assortment and buy recommendations at merchandise meetings
- Participate in milestone meetings and assist in preparation
- Generate sales reports on a weekly basis
- Read and react to daily/weekly reports based on findings
- Partner with Merchandise Planner to manage the business.
- Manage vendor samples (i.e. maintain records of samples received and track samples lent out).
- Support the management of the product lifecycle management process via Flex PLM (i.e. style set-up and regular style maintenance).
- Analyze competition for product, price, quality, etc.
- Write factual information for copy
- Read and edit copy
- Review film and catalog layouts
- May be responsible for subset of total assortment to manage front to back on own
- Own the completion of fact sheets
- Works cross functionally with Merchandise Planning, Product Development, Design and VSDP
- Strategic thinker - aptitude to set and achieve short and long range goals for the business
- Excellent product development skills/taste level compatible with the business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to handle several projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have high energy
- Ability to embrace collaborative and inclusive environments
- Passion for product
- Demonstrated change agility, leadership skills & relationship-building aptitude
- 3+ years as an Assistant Buyer
- Proficiency in Merch systems and Excel
- Prior internet or catalog experience a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and work with numbers
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Computer proficient (Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint; Mainframe)
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
Limited Brands - 22 months ago
VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES
Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll find a...