The Associate Network Engineer’s role is to provide technical support for the enterprise voice and data network to address client business requirements and provide support for out-of-service events. General guidance is provided by the Team Leader and/or senior Team members. The incumbent will deliver voice and data network services including design, implementation and performance management, as well as related hardware, software and services required to provide business requirements and overall strategy.
Strategy & Planning
• Contribute to process improvement plans with attention toward problem resolution and prevention.
• Participate in planning routine software product maintenance with focus on project planning skills development.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Assist with the identification and implementation of solutions that provide enhanced functionality and value.
• Deploy service solutions that simplify processes, optimize service delivery and/or solve problems.
• Prioritize and perform routine tasks (address service requests related to DNS, IP, load balancer, telephony needs, datacenter; port configurations, capacity planning and network Moves, Adds and Changes deployments).
• Monitor control systems (incident reports, alerts in Spectrum and WAN activity in Scrutinizer).
• Handle open cases with vendors by utilizing the vendor tools. Such vendors include: AT&T, Verizon, Bluecoat, and Logos.
• Replace failed hardware from our hardware depot / site reclaims. Open cases with vendors and ensure service levels are met. Follow procedures as defined for this process.
• Measure and report on services rendered (monthly metrics and project status reports).
• Support our global video conference infrastructure.
• Complete circuit upgrades as requested.
• Document projects and update key information needed for support.
• Assist with Change Management preparations and implementations.
• Attend meetings in participation with the team.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
• Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support of specific functions.
Knowledge & Experience
• 1+ years IT experience.
• 1+ years experience with computer hardware and/or software.
• 1+ years experience in customer service related work.
• Fundamental understanding of information technology infrastructure and computer platforms.
• Fundamental understanding of computer administration concepts.
• 1-2 years experience with network hardware/software trouble-shooting preferred.
• 1-2 years experience with IT technical support preferred.
• 1-2 years project management experience preferred.
• 1-2 years installation and support experience in a LAN / WAN networking environment with focus on: MPLS, VOIP, telephony, frame relay, ISP, video, VPN, EVPN, WAN acceleration, WLAN, load balancers, DNS / IP management, routing, switching, Nexus platform, firewalls, cabling, DR, integrated voice services, and service providers preferred.
• Proper and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
• Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work assigned.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
• Training in areas of network services preferred (MPLS, VOIP, telephony, ISP Provisioning, video, VPN, EVPN, WAN acceleration, WLAN, firewall administration, load balancer, DSN/IP management, Cisco Nexus Platform, structured cabling).
- Preferred Candidate Identified.
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...