The successful candidate will contribute to the
team-based execution of projects in the discipline of
manufacturing process development. The products to be
manufactured are recombinant biopharmaceutical proteins
and the individual will have demonstrated expertise in
microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture. This
position will be primarily responsible for developing
scaleable and reproducible bioprocesses and for
supporting technical execution in manufacturing. This
position will contribute to the execution of multiple
projects in various stages of development or tech
transfer utilizing platform processes as appropriate
during process development. In this position, you will
be responsible for well defined projects. You will
manage a group of scientists and supervise the design
and execution of specific projects, specialize in
multiple disciplines, meet assigned deliverables, and
prioritize activities according to work scope and
Main areas of responsibilities include:
Leading a group of scientists/engineers working on
multiple development and tech transfer projects to
good manufacturing fit.
- Developing robust processes that scale well with
manufacturing ensuring floor support for campaign
- Tech transfer of development projects into
logical data based conclusions with applicability to
- Experimental design, analysis of data, drawing
project decisions. Providing regular internal and
equipment including troubleshooting
- Proficiency with microbial fermentation/cell culture
- Maintenance of lab facility, equipment upkeep and
process validation support for late stage products.
- Execution of process characterization studies with
Provide routine manufacturing support for yield
trending and troubleshooting of late stage
development, continual improvement and training.
- Active group management with emphasis on employee
biopharmaceutical industry and the introduction of
- Keeping abreast of changing technologies in the
new methodologies to the development groups.
meetings and within the RTP site.
- Assist lab execution as needed.
- Presentation of development activities at industry
budgets and timelines.
- Management of development and tech transfer project
Required Education and Experience and Skills
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Eng, Bioeng,
- Degree in engineering or life sciences (Biology,
Biotechnology): Ph.D with 4+ years, MS with 7+ years
or BS with 9+ years of relevant industrial
experience in bioprocess development.
and/or fermentation and have proven expertise in
- Must have hands on experience running cell culture
area of study.
scientific studies with technical excellence and
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute
transfer/scale-up experience is required.
- An understanding of manufacturing fit and tech
FUJIFILM Diosynth is an equal opportunity employer,
FujiFilm Diosynth Biotechnologies - 18 months ago