This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As an Associate Product Manager - Kohler Decorative Products, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. This position will work within Kitchen and Bath Americas New Product Development in Kohler, WI. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for providing comprehensive and detailed support in the execution of marketing plans. This will include assisting in, developing, and coordinating the implementation of short and long-term marketing and strategic plans and programs for Kohler's decorative products. Providing customer satisfaction, satisfying market potential, and obtaining the desired profit, market penetration, and growth in accordance with marketing policy is essential to this role. Our marketing team has the opportunity to work closely with sales, engineering and other departments as well as have the unique opportunity of having the product line being managed manufactured on site. If you possess a passion for marketing along with a strong sense of analytics and business acumen this position could be the one you have been waiting for!
Join KOHLER in an Associate Product Manager role and become part of a dynamic department within our Kitchen and Bath Americas team! You will have a direct impact on the business by leveraging marketing, analytics and financial planning skills while maintaining and growing the KOHLER brand.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
• Determine market potential and extent of Kohler Co. market penetration in joint consideration and cooperation with Market Research, Branch Managers, other marketing personnel, customers, and consumers as required.
• Prepare sales forecasts, project market penetration, and recommend marketing strategies, budget estimates, and projected return on investments based on manufacturing capacity, demand forecast, and market potential, etc.
• Live on the leading edge of design and demonstrate leadership skills within new product development teams. Ability to work successfully with cross-functional team members is essential for success.
• Assist in preparing and coordinating special promotional programs to introduce new products.
• Provide comprehensive business and marketing analysis in all phases of product development.
• Communicate category strategies and present business proposals internally to senior management. Lead effective and impactful customer and sales presentations.
• Develop, analyze and maintain statistics obtained from trade publications, government reports, competitive price sheets, visits to distributors, and trade shows, etc. showing trends and conditions based on sales. Must also be able to interpret and present this data in a meaningful way.
• Demonstrate appropriate level of competency in the following areas: Drive Continuous Improvement, Set High Standards of Performance, Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Business Acumen, Management of Self, Management/Development of Others, Focus on the End Customer, and Build Trust.
• Traveling - this position will have the opportunity to visit trade shows and customers with total travel around 20%.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum four years' experience in marketing to include analysis and financial planning is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field is preferred.
• Ability to work cross functionally in a team environment.
• MBA/MS is preferred.
• Experience with product development is preferred.
• SAP experience is preferred
SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
• Analytical rigor
• Strong planning, detail and accuracy in work
• Strong business acumen
• Creative thinking
• Strong communication and presentation skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. Kohler fosters an opportunity for career growth by featuring a robust performance process, excellent training opportunities and succession planning within the organization. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website .
Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you're ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at company website.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kohler - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...