Associate Production Artist -Tech Packs
Volcom has an exciting full time position available for a creative Production Artist to join our in-house Art Department. The position requires an individual with strong illustration and graphic art skills for various garment applications. The applicant must be detail-oriented and have a focused knowledge of current trends and movements within the action sports and fashion industries.
Must be experienced/skilled in required areas, Mac, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc...
This position ultimately is responsible for building tech packs for our Men’s t-shirt lines. We are looking for someone to build tech packs for both inline and SMU Men’s t-shirt lines.
- Responsible for building t-shirt tech packs
- Work closely with graphic managers to ensure all tech packs are done correctly and on time
- Deadline-Oriented in fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of screen printing industry and terminology
- Understanding of color theory
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to learn on the go
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to focus
- Strong Drawing abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude / team work ethic
- Garment development and production processes knowledge a must
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be at the following levels for the below software programs:
Advanced to Expert - Illustrator CS3 or CS4
Advanced to Expert - Photoshop
Intermediate to Advanced - MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
Advanced to Expert - Mac OSX, Panther, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 3 years Graphic design work/on the job experience
A Bachelor’s Graphic Arts degree is preferable or a combination of both work experience and education.
Please send your cover letter, resume, samples of work and salary requirements.
In addition please list Ten of your Favorite Things...
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volcom says it's "youth against establishment," however, this establishment is firmly on the side of youth -- those...