General Function :
Under the supervision of the Program Director II the Associate Program Director of the South Valley Family branch has direct responsibility of Leading the YMCA Cause, Creating an Impact, Developing Resources, and Protecting the Organization with a budget responsibility of $100K - $300K. Specifically, the Associate Program Director is responsible for implementing the Y mission, strategic goals, key initiatives and core values. This involves all aspects of developing and delivering quality Youth & Adult Sports Programming building and retaining an outstanding staff, and establishing the YMCA as a vital force for local community development.
- This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in adults and youth. Additionally, the YMCA values diversity, youth, and a broad vision of health and wellness which is contingent upon relationship building.
- An Associate’s Degree from a n accredited university is preferred.
- 1 year related experience with prior success managing youth & adult sports programs.
- Or the combination of education, training and experience commensurate with others in this position
- Must have a combination of experience managing budgets, fund raising, staff development, and community collaboration
- Must have the ability to make sound, independent decisions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- YMCA Team Leader Certification preferred, or the willingness to obtain within an agreed upon timeline
- Experience working in diverse communities preferred
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...