Associate Program Manager (Engineering) - Mechanical Systems
Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
Honda Aircraft Company is searching for aviation engineers for program management positions to manage a segment of company projects under limited supervision. The individual will plan, organize and direct company and supplier resources to ensure all assigned program cost and schedule milestones are met. Responsibilities include; management of schedules, design oversight, cost/benefit analysis, with involvement in development, test, certification, customer service, quality, reliability, and entry-into-service.
- Ensure program achieves certification schedule and performance
- Oversight program configuration control activities and product specifications
- Provide support of supplier selection process during development
- Provide supplier oversight of critical components and systems for production
- Support and coordinate preparation of statement of work, proposals, cost estimates and negotiation of contract terms of conditions
- Facilitate supplier design and program reviews to insure program deliverables, schedules and budgets are met
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects
- Coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Regular interaction with company and supplier Senior Management as well as functional department management and staff
- Willingness to embrace and exhibit the Honda Company Philosophy’s core values including respect for the individual, mutual trust, dream and vision, and a challenging spirit
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 2-5 years Project Management experience
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23/25 and/or Part 33 is preferred, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Production, Engineering, and Quality processes, in aviation industry preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate to mid-level management
- Fundamental understanding of Program/Project Management processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Integrated Product Team to resolve technical, business and customer issues
- Some travel required
American Honda Motor Co.
- 12 months ago - save job
Nearly 30 years after we began building the Honda Accord in America, the news that Honda will build the fuel-efficient Honda Fit in our new...