Water / Watershed Management
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Calverton staff as an Associate Project Manager for our Water/Waste Water Group.
Apply technical expertise and project management experience to manage water and wastewater projects in a program management setting. Performs project functions of project initiation, planning, consultant selection, coordination with operations, production coordination, technical review, and construction management coordination.
MD, DC and VA candidates preferred.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations consultants and contractors, and drafts professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Leads project team and confirms compliance with contract terms. Monitor’s consultant and contractor compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan and scope, reviews consultant and contractor schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering. Graduate degree desirable. This level may be achieved with 5 years experience in project production and technical professional activities.
Good interpersonal skills; basic public speaking and project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
Professional Registration in State of Maryland, or ability to obtain within six months.
MD, DC and VA candidates preferred.
Atkins - 17 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...