The job function will be to act as a quality technical liaison between Operations, Product & Manufacturing Engineering, and Supplier Quality organizations in order to resolve quality issues as they arise in manufacturing of the 3000 series Allison automatic transmissions.
This work will entail problem solving, data analysis, report writing, oral and written communications, technical support, and continuous improvement initiatives.
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant equivalent engineering degree and/or experience.
2. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse work groups.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
4. High level of analytical ability in solving complex problems in a high volume production environment.
5. Proficient in print reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and part measurement techniques.
6. Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities, equipment, and gauging.
7. Knowledge of probability, statistical quality control, design of experiments, and Red X problem solving methodologies.
8. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Project ) and SAP based applications.
9. Ability and willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule to cover a three shift manufacturing operation as needed.
10. Some limited travel may be required.
11. Familiarization with automatic transmissions or highly complex mechanical systems is a plus.
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard