Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
San Jose, CA - The Associate Sales Rep I - Endoscopy will have a Sales Development opportunity, designed to be a multi-year program to train and work with successful Endoscopy Account Manager(s) within the Endoscopy Division of Olympus America Inc. (OAI). The incumbent will work in conjunction with the Endoscopy Account Manager(s) who works with physicians and clinical professionals focusing on the gastroenterology and pulmonary markets in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) and offices. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Reach specific product or account goals as determined along with the Endoscopy Account Manager.
* Call upon customers in the hospital, ASC, and office environment.
* Provide training and in-servicing in GI or Pulmonary lab during procedures, to physician, staff, and other personnel.
* Follow-up with customers during pre- and post-sales efforts to ensure proper customer-company relationships.
* Deliver and retrieve products as directed.
* Develop and utilize sales presentation skills to sell company products in an assigned territory or product area via consultative selling.
* Become conversant in the creative selling programs offered by the company to meet sales results.
* Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of Olympus products, competitive landscape, and the market in order to meet the customers’ needs.
* Act in a professional manner when representing the company.
* Complete and maintain sales paperwork and other records in an orderly fashion and submit in a timely and accurate manner.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A High School diploma or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
* 1-3 years of sales experience is a plus.
* Must have a proven track record of success.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
* Strong verbal and written skills are a must.
* Must be organized with strong time management skills.
* Must have high-energy, an excellent work ethic, and be both reliable and positive.
* Must be open to relocation after completion of the program.
* Clinical, pharmaceutical, or medical device experience is desired.
* The ability to lift and carry equipment over 40lbs is required.
* Must be able to travel within the territory on a daily basis, in addition to an occasional need and ability to travel outside a territory within the region.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Frequently Lift/Carry 25 lbs
-Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hours a day
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
-Operate moving vehicles
-Frequently Push/Pull 50+ lbs
* The following work environment conditions exist:
-Infectious Disease exposure
Olympus - 2 years ago