Raytheon BBN Technologies is a leading provider of advanced technology and research and development. For over 60 years, we have helped our customers solve complex technology problems by building practical and affordable solutions.
The Advanced Networking team located in Cambridge, MA is seeking qualified Associate Engineers to support projects involving the design, analysis, simulation, implementation and integration of innovative data (inter)networking and computing architectures, systems (including very high-speed hardware/software systems), technologies, and services. The successful candidate will contribute to the design of new algorithms and protocols for advanced network functions in areas such as routing, network management, network infrastructure security and forensics, network understanding, energy conservation, disruption tolerance, content-based networking, end-to-end transport, mobility, and wireless/satellite channel access. The candidate may simulate and analyze the efficacy of new architectures, algorithms, and protocols within projected traffic and service requirement scenarios; implement, integrate, test, and demonstrate selected algorithms, protocols, and system components; and document and present results. Projects will involve diverse technologies and network infrastructures, including terrestrial wired and next-generation RF networks.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- REQUIRED: Ability & willingness to obtain a security clearance for which the DoD requires US citizenship.
- UNIX/Linux C/C++ or Java programming experience
- Ability to document work using MS Office, Open Office, or Latex tools
**Raytheon BBN Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.**
- Experience in design, simulation, analysis, implementation, integration and test
- Knowledge of software engineering lifecycle
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with performing trade studies
- Experience with network simulation tools (NS-2, Opnet)
- Ability to work in teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Al Gore may have invented the Internet, but Raytheon BBN Technologies launched the ARPANET, one of the first computer-based communication...