To support global dietary supplement and domestic food application projects by performing a variety of application tasks as required by Global and NAA Technical Marketing, Marketing, and Sales.
- To employ and apply specialist knowledge in a defined area of expertise in order to meet business project objectives
- To participate in several projects under the functional guidance of Application Lab Manager
- To analyze specific problems of a project and resolve them by proposing solutions
- To define and conduct literature research and desk studies in order to come up with state-of-the-art information
- To define, plan and conduct experiments in order to check or support theories, or to explore new directions of research
- To evaluate and report results
- To comply with SHE requirements and instructions and other standards relevant for the work (e.g. GLP)
- To meet the application requests from Marketing, Technical Marketing, Sales, Customers with respect to new and existing ingredient (HNH, NBD and DFS ingredients).
- To develop prototypes, concepts, blends, and perform stability studies. Contribute to creation of brochures.
- To conduct routine and non-routine laboratory tests on dietary supplement or food application (based on geographical location); coordinates with outside laboratories; analyzes results; reports findings; and, identifies/justifies abnormal results. Maintains project database
- To test new procedures/suggest ways to improve current processes to improve turn-around times; qualify new procedures/methodologies; assist with equipment validation, SOP development; maintain analyzing equipment; keep current with state-of-the-art equipment, and other standards; etc.
- To support small scale project management to support clinical study needs for Science Group
- To prepare and present as required customer presentations.
- To train internal and external customers in handling DNP ingredients.
- Bachelor’s level in Science, Food Science, Chemistry or a relevant scientific field.
- MS preferred
- Formulation work in Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Dietary Supplement Industry or a related field
- 1-2 year’s work experience required; 3-5 years preferred.
- Problem solving and statistical analysis experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Perform product evaluation tasks with minimal supervision.
- Provide accurate and timely results.
- Familiarity with a broad range of physical testing equipment.
- Understand/apply instrument, operation and process, qualification procedures.
- Perform methods development.
- Knowledge of and experience in own discipline
- Level of knowledge of a starting researcher
- Specialist in a limited technological field
- Willing to learn and apply new knowledge
- Managerial and social knowledge and experience
- Good communication and social skills
- To manage time, space, and information effectively in a well-organized manner
- To prioritize and follow through projects in a timely manner
- Good capacity for teamwork
- IT knowledge and skills
- Travel (domestic and international) may be required.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM - 18 months ago
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...