Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government. We have an opening for an Associate Scientist to perform molecular biology and virology related to research studies investigating host/pathogen interactions and vaccines for high consequence viral diseases. The candidate will perform various molecular, virologic, microscopic and immunologic assays. He/she will be responsible for proficiency in the use of all equipment and procedures for the assigned area.
Research Duties include:
- Performs assays and experiments in molecular biology to include nucleic acid extraction, PCR, real time PCR, cloning, plasmid preparation, mutagenesis, gel electrophoresis, and sequence analysis.
- Performs transfections of eukaryotic or prokaryotic cells, confirmation of plasmid expression to include immunofluorescence assays, gel electrophoresis and western blot analysis.
- Performs in vitro transcription, protein production and purification, co-immunoprecipitation.
- Maintains cell cultures needed for specific experiments.
- ELISA assays and viral plaque assays
- Identifies and solves common problems relating to laboratory methodology, instrumentation and procedure under the direction of their supervisor.
- Participates in development of assays used in the laboratory, and training others on equipment and assays.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies as required by the department.
- Maintains a laboratory notebook and meets with supervisor to review data.
- Enters data into database adhering to specifications and support online protocols and amendments.
General Lab Duties include:
- General lab organization, maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain cell line, plasmid, freezer, and reagent inventories.
- Prepare packages for shipment; maintain supplies, common lab stocks, and lab equipment.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- LaserGene Suite
- GraphPad PRISM
- Prepare figures for publications and presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in the biological sciences is required.
- Experience with virological assays, fluorescent microscopy, virus stock preparation and virus titration is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to analyze data is required.
- The candidate will work in a BSL4 facility and will be required to pass physical exams and participate in vaccination programs.
- The candidate must also pass government ANACI and Select Agent background investigations.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
MRIGlobal - 16 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...