Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Associate Scientist II (Chemist), SLS
This position is responsible for managing projects with defined scope using standard protocols and reports for the purpose of either providing documented evidence that a pharmaceutical filtration system or sterilization process has been validated for Pall biopharmaceutical customers, or for new product development. Working directly with the SLS Staff Scientist and Technical Director, the Associate Scientist will conduct and manage customer specific validation projects, internal chemistry projects, write detailed protocols and reports, as well as develop and implement solutions to technical issues. The individual must be an outstanding verbal and written communicator with internal and external customers, providing close communication as to meeting project milestones.
- Manage customer requested validation projects from initiation of project through transfer of customer process information (PPQ), protocol generation and lab activities to final report generation
- Manage internal project requests (from Marketing, Manufacturing or R&D) to execute an agreed on deliverable in an agreed on timeline.
- Keep Manager and Pall customers updated on project progress including:
- Report project progress & tracking on each project using SLS Project Management database
- Advanced knowledge in the field of organic/analytical chemistry with willingness to learn new concepts
- Ability to plan and develop analytical methods to achieve technical objectives
- Ability to select appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to meet project objectives
- Interpret and integrate experimental results with project objectives
- Ability to effectively interact at a high technical level and understand test requirements from SLS customers
- Comply with all Pall safety regulations and procedures
- Assure scientific quality and customer service expectations are met
- Ability to work independently once fully trained, with only general direction provided
- Provision of target and completion dates
- Update customer of project status if there are problems/issues with the project
- Other updates, as required.
- Knowledge of HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS and other fundamental laboratory techniques and measurement methods
- Experience in analytical method development and validation.
- Knowledge and understanding of filter technology and process applications are a plus.
- Superior attention to detail and workmanship. Superior work ethic and organizational skills. Shows a sense of urgency to complete tasks and to a high level of quality.
- Ability to multi-task, while completing all tasks promptly and on schedule. Meets all target dates assigned by upper management.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Conversant with PC based programs (databases)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Master’s degree (MS) in Chemistry.
- 2-5 years related work experience.
- Proficient in organic and analytical chemistry.
- Superior technical writing and oral communication skills, computer skills, Advanced MS Office software training and e-mail proficiency.
- Preferably with related training or work experience in a cGMP or ISO environment or through Pall Corp.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pall Corporation - 14 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...