Associate Game Programmer - Temporary
Vicarious Visions (www.vvisions.com) has gained critical acclaim with hit games such as Skylanders Swap Force
, Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
, Guitar Hero
, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
. Our games repeatedly push technical boundaries to deliver addictive, immersive gameplay and art that brings favorite characters and worlds to life. We are also home to the pioneering Alchemy
middleware technology and tools that are used to power hit titles across Activision.
As an Associate Game Programmer you will be a generalist technical contributor creating new games for existing or new Activision franchises. While working on a team with engineers, artists and designers, you will be expected to demonstrate strong self-initiative and come up to speed quickly. Possible platforms include all major consoles, handheld and mobile devices. This is a temporary position lasting 8-12 months depending on need.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Implement and debug software in C++ and other languages.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Follow group standards and best practices.
- Work under the direction of senior engineers and seek guidance when working in new areas.
- Participate in a multi-discipline development team using the Scrum process.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design and audio.
- Document completed designs, tools, and code.
Applicants must complete a short technical test and a technical interview.
- Recently completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development or related field.
- Experience developing games for personal or class projects.
- Very strong aptitude in C++.
- Strong aptitude in math and analytical thinking.
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
- A passion for developing high quality games.
United States-New York-Albany