Requisition Number: WE-4217
Area of Interest: Retail
Division: Retail West Elm CAN
Position Type: Full Time
Job Purpose: In partnership with the General Manager, promote a sales culture to build productivity. Develop associates for future growth through hiring and developing great people. Provide leadership to achieve or exceed budgeted sales, payroll and controllable expense goals. Effectively manage store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels and visual merchandising standards. Ensure all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive store/brand experience. Ensure sales associates build relationships with customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* In partnership with the General Manger, ensure store meets or exceeds sales and contest goals. Meet payroll goals based on current trends.
* Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
* In partnership with the General Manager, recruit, interview, and select qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Develop associates to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Complete and deliver performance appraisals and development plans.
* Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
* Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store.
* Maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
* In partnership with the General Manager, manage store-operating procedures i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses.
* Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
* In partnership with the General Manager, monitor company assets through accurate inventory procedures.
* Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
* Exemplify and ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Create and maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Monitor assets through accurate inventory management procedures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* 2-3 years management experience. Specialty retail preferred.
* Ability to manage staff to meet and exceed sales and payroll goals.
* Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
* Ability to think through complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Ability to motivate and influence others through actions and examples.
* Ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, minimum of three Saturdays per month and two Sundays per month, annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States, Canada and Australia. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
- 16 months ago - save job
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...