Systems Engineering involves defining, developing, maintaining and advising on the effective use of the Publix information technology architecture. Some examples of systems engineering tasks include:
• software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support
• system and network management activities
• problem-determination and resolution
• project team participation, and
• new technology awareness, research and system integration.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or an analytical discipline or equivalent experience
• minimum of one year experience working in the Information Technology field
• minimum of one year experience implementing and migrating systems running Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2
• minimum of one year experience supporting server operating systems and infrastructure software and hardware in a small to medium server environment (100 servers or more)
• exposure to various hardware platforms to include HP (Proliant and Class C Blades) and IBM X-Series server hardware
• excellent attendance and punctuality record
• excellent communication and team skills
• must be flexible and able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
• demonstrated sense of urgency and ownership
• high degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity
• experience leading small to medium projects from requirements through implementation
• good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
• show enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work and a commitment to Publix and our Mission.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
• minimum of three years experience in Information Technology
• minimum of three years experience designing, implementing and migrating systems running Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2
• experience with various hardware platforms to include HP (Proliant and Class C Blades) and IBM server hardware
• experience with a broad range of server-based technologies including IIS, Citrix, Virtualization (ESX and/or Hyper-V) and others
• good understanding of operational practices and requirements to operate in a high availability and secure environment
• experience working in an organization utilizing formal processes such as Change Management, Incident/Problem Management and Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
• experience working in an environment where Separation of Duties policies are enforced, and
• experience leading medium to large projects from requirements through implementation.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Year End Bonus
One month’s pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be an...