A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
Effectively functions as the assistant to the teacher in an assigned classroom, actively participating in the daily operation, scheduling and planning of the respective classroom, working in partnership with the classroom teacher and classroom aide to provide a developmentally appropriate pre-school early education program utilizing approved curriculum resources. Assist teacher in implementing NAEYC and DFS licensing standards and requirements in the classroom. Responsible for: materials in the classroom; assists in maintaining observations for progress records of each child’s growth and development; assist the teacher in developing development plans per each child; assist in all classroom activities to ensure developmentally appropriate practice and ensure safety at all times; shall act as the teacher in the teacher’s absence; participate in staff and college in-service training sessions; and participate in training opportunities as required.
This position will primarily work in the 2-3 years old classroom.
Benefits: Approximately 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 12 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: $12.05/hr. May be higher depending on education and experience.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by April 3, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Primary responsibility is to assist the teacher in an assigned classroom, actively participating in the daily operation, scheduling and planning of the respective classroom, working in partnership with the classroom teacher and classroom aide to provide a developmentally appropriate pre-school early education program utilizing approved curriculum resources.
- Assist the teacher in developing, implementing and evaluating the curriculum to meet the social, emotional, cognitive, cultural and developmental needs of individual children and adhere to the general curriculum guidelines.
- Assist teacher in implementing and maintaining NAEYC and DFS licensing requirements in the classroom; preparing and facilitating NAEYC accreditation portfolios per the respective classroom.
- Responsible for classroom materials, assisting with organization of classroom structure and equipment.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining observations and progress records of each child’s growth and development, including individual development plans per each child; assist in all classroom activities to ensure developmentally appropriate practice and ensure safety at all times.
- Assist the teacher in constructing and maintain a positive, stimulating, safe and sanitary learning environment to meet the changing needs of the individual child, including establishment of a positive partnership and communication process with parents/guardians of children.
- Serve as the teacher in the absence of the classroom teacher.
- Follow all required health and safety protocols and Children’s Discovery Center policies and procedures.
- Work in a collaborative manner with supervisors, colleagues and support staff to effectively implement the goals and objectives of the Children’s Discovery Center.
- Current Child Development Associates (CDA) certification.
- Ability to meet requirements of Wyoming Department of Family Services including but not limited to background check, tuberculosis test, health certification and current proficiency in CPR and first aid.
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in the areas of health, nutrition, safety, active learning environment, child growth and development, professionalism, and cultural awareness.
- Associate's degree in child development-early education.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.