The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (AVPAA) is the Chief Academic Officer/Chief Executive Officer responsible for managing the WSU-Rochester campus in the greater Rochester, Minnesota region, including the University Center, Rochester and other possible Rochester sites. The Associate VPAA is responsible for creating sustainable and collaborative programming, working closely with the Winona campus leadership (Academic Affairs, IT, Student Life and Development, Finance, and Advancement) to connect student services and programs, and managing all aspects of budget development and allocation. Working with the academic deans, this position provides vision, leadership, and management oversight to shaping and creating academic programs, activities, and support for WSU-Rochester at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The position oversees all graduate programs, and represents the university on local and statewide graduate meetings and committees.
• Earned Doctorate (PhD, EdD, JD, DNP) from a regionally accredited institution
• At least 5 years' full-time leadership or administrative leadership (e.g., Executive Program Director, Chair, Associate Dean, Dean)
• Strong demonstrated skills in leadership, budgeting, resource management, and affirmative action practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; public speaking.
• Effective organizational and project management skills.
• Strong understanding of university operations along with the ability to interact with community leaders as well as legislators.
• Understanding of the collective bargaining process.
• Strong commitment to service activities.
• Experience with mentoring and leading others to fulfill their potential.
• Strong commitment to diversity.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage resources with a focus on both academic quality and fiscal sustainability.
• Experience with professional accreditation, curriculum development, and assessment of student learning at the higher education level.
• Experience working with adult learners.
• Experience with distance learning, reduced seat-time delivery models for instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to think and lead innovatively and/or entrepreneurially.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins 8/29/2014
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Administrator's Plan; Full-Time
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL
1) In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2) Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.