Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Division and working in collaboration with other Division executives and senior management team as well as the Agency’s Real Estate and Facilities Department, this senior leadership position will be responsible for building an effective development strategy and executing a plan to advance and further the interests of FEGS in expanding its portfolio of housing in a number of specialized markets including, special needs, low-income and affordable and mixed-use housing. To handle all matters related to the FEGS Residential and Housing Division programs including but not limited to negotiating leases, working with a variety of realtors to locate sites for affordable housing and behavioral health and developmental disabilities projects. Work with site developers and NYS and NYC government officials.
- Works with realtors and developers to source and identify prospective sites for development of suitable housing opportunities for populations supported by FEGS, including but not limited to apartments, community residential settings, IRA’s, low-income and mixed-use /affordable developments.
- Pursues and evaluates strategies for funding and financing the acquisition, construction and operations of these housing initiatives with State and City government and other private and/or public funders.
- Works with housing developers and other real estate advisors/professionals in planning the development of new projects.
- Pursues potential community and business partners and options for structuring joint ventures in the NYC housing marketplace.
- Positions FEGS and enhances its name recognition and market presence in the affordable housing industry.
- Works with the internal Real Estate and Facilities Department to develop residential leases and other real estate transactions to accomplish strategic goals and ensures that the appropriate management systems are in place to track and report on these transactions.
- Takes the lead in coordinating with Real Estate and Facilities Department the full cycle project management for new development projects, including coordination of site acquisition, financing, pre-development and construction development activities.
- Meets with executive and management staff to identify needs and opportunities for developing and promoting new housing opportunities.
- Coordinates proposals to third party funding sources in response to RFP’s and other new business opportunities.
- Prepares competitive applications for construction and operating financing.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business Administration, Public Administration, Real Estate Management or other related area preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of public housing marketplace and related funders and financing entities.
- Extensive knowledge of public financing, including tax credits of housing and residential projects.
- Superior communication, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of residential real estate market.
- Excellent planning, negotiations and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and organize varied information.
New York, New York, United States
- Fifteen (15) year’s directly related professional experience of which at least seven (7) were in a senior managerial capacity working for an established real estate enterprise, developer, public and/or non-profit organization overseeing real estate, public housing, property development, and/or property management in the residential arena.
F·E·G·S - 22 months ago