Associate Vice President for Operations
Operations - Position Application Number: P-1205
The Associate Vice President for Operations is responsible for the supervision of the Operations division (including Maintenance and Custodial) that services buildings, infrastructure, grounds and properties of The New York Botanical Garden.
- Supervision of all Maintenance and Custodial staff.
- Understand and participate in infrastructure identification, testing, and repairs for the 250 acre campus and properties.
- Commission all construction activity and archive all current and future construction documentation.
- Oversee construction activities that are not considered capital projects.
- Represent NYBG in hearings with governmental agencies.
- Participate in safety and security meetings and functions.
- Act as the liaison to all elevator maintenance contractors.
- Provide supervision for emergency management, natural disasters, spills, etc.
- Responsible for vehicle acquisition, licensing maintenance and decommissioning.
- Act as the liaison to the food service vendor.
- Ability to serve as Head of Garden Management on weekends.
- Oversee the condition of the Garden’s perimeter.
- Supervise snow removal when necessary.
- Serve as Energy Conservation coordinator.
- Serve as Building Envelope coordinator.
- Serve as IT infrastructure coordinator.
o NYS DEC: SPDES; State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Applied Science required.
- 10 years experience in Facilities Management, Building Construction, Construction Management or Construction Contracting.
- Experience in labor management issues including: conducting disciplinary hearings, written summaries of hearings and contract understanding.
- Experience with New York City and State governmental agencies including:
o NYS DEC: Storm Drain Inspections
o NYC Department of Health
o NYC Department of Energy Management; Office of Energy Conservation
o NYC DEP: RPZ certification
o NYC DOB: Elevator Testing
o FDNY: Hydrant testing
o Ability to create professional working relationships with these and other agencies.
- 24 hour availability, weekend, holiday and evening availability required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The New York Botanical Garden - 2 years ago
About The New Yotk Botanical Garden
The Garden's Place in the World, and in the Community
The New York Botanical Garden is an iconic...