MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current eligible list for Associate in Higher Education Opportunity or be eligible for transfer.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval.
*Salary leads to $95,718 through annual performance reviews
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
The Office of Higher Education is seeking applicants for the position of Associate in Higher Education Opportunity to work in the Early College High School (ECHS) Program. The Associate in Higher Education Opportunity is primarily responsible for the administration of the Early College High School Program, with additional assignments in other Access/Opportunity Programs in the Office of K-16 Initiatives and Access Programs. Under the general direction of the Executive Director for the Office of K-16 Initiatives and Access Programs, the incumbent is responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
• Scheduling and conducting site visits of assigned caseloads of postsecondary institutions/secondary schools across the State including remote locations to monitor grant-funded activities for compliance with the statute, regulations and guidelines;
• Providing technical assistance to assigned postsecondary institutions/secondary schools through timely review of risk assessments, reports, site visits and day-to-day communications;
• Coordinating the grant proposal review processes and approving award recommendations. Reviewing and approving program budget proposals, amendment requests and final budget documents.
• Coordinating administrative and fiscal processes and procedures for ECHS with the Executive Director, the Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Higher Education, the Office of Financial Administration, Accountability and Budget (OFAAB), and other offices within the State Education Department;
• Developing, maintaining and updating ECHS program guidelines (Request for Proposals), interim and annual reports, and program evaluation and reporting forms and formats as necessary;
• Coordinating the administrative processes to collect and analyze ECHS student performance data, with the objective of recommending program improvements on both the State and local project levels;
• Participating in planning and coordinating conferences and training workshops for and with local ECHS project personnel. Evaluating such activities and preparing follow-up reports for future continuous improvement activities;
• Representing the Office on interagency workgroups that develop State policy recommendations for integrating ECHS legislative requirements with other state and or federal initiatives;
• Representing the Office of K-16 Initiatives, the Office of Higher Education and or the State Education Department at meetings, workshops and conferences, as appropriate and assigned;
• Coordinating the development and preparation of reports on ECHS to the Regents, Commissioner, Governor and Legislature, as appropriate;
• Maintaining familiarity with appropriate State legislation and regulations, conducting review and analysis of proposed legislation and regulations for recommendations to amend legislation and or regulations; and
• Other duties, as assigned.
Additional comments regarding the vacancy.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 9, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (OHE-402-70059) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
StateJobsNY - 14 months ago