For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit our website
TIAA-CREF is seeking an emerging market fixed income research analyst to cover corporate issuers in Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
The right individual must have an understanding of the emerging markets fixed income market, financial analysis of corporate and sovereign issuers, and familiarity with bond and loan documentation.
Solid critical thinking and communications skills are required to be successful.
The successful candidate will work with the emerging markets portfolio managers and research analysts on fixed income securities across a range of portfolio mandates, including TIAA’s General Account assets, mutual funds, insurance portfolios, and non-pension accounts.
The Fixed Income Research team supports numerous TIAA-CREF fixed income portfolio mandates that collectively manage over $200 billion in fixed income assets.
TIAA-CREF's Emerging Market fixed income portfolios total $7 billion in exposure.
- Evaluate and monitor the credit quality characteristics of a portfolio of emerging market corporate issuers in Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Work in close collaboration with portfolio managers, traders, and other credit research analysts to provide thorough credit opinions and actionable trading recommendations.
- Assist portfolio managers in forming and implementing their investment strategies.
- Contribute to all formal reports and processes (internal ratings, recommendation lists, watch lists, etc.) that enable the efficient and transparent oversight of the asset class.
- Represent Fixed Income Research in meetings with issuers, interface with TIAA-CREF’s Risk Management Team, and support TIAA-CREF goals and values.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are making a difference .
- Bachelor's degree required and preferred concentration in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related emerging markets corporate or credit research experience with some of that time spent in a total return environment.
- Foreign language skills preferred.
- Broad-based knowledge of corporate financial analysis in emerging markets fixed income.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking, communication, presentation, and financial modeling abilities.
- Ability to collaboratively share ideas and insights with portfolio managers, traders, and fellow analysts.
TIAA-CREF - 17 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...