Universal McCann is a worldwide leader in advertising communications, specializing in Media Planning and Buying services. We are dedicated to delivering sustainable communication solutions through engagement, innovation and creativity.
The role of the Associate, Portfolio Management (Assistant Media Planner) is to assist the Chrysler team in the day-to-day stewarding of media activity on assigned accounts/campaigns. The Associate will be required to update client documents and assist in the development of media plans, including preparation, development, execution, and monitoring of activity. Ultimately this role will allow the right individual to learn enough about the processes and procedures of the day-to-day to run campaign execution. We are seeking individuals who are proactive, curious and willing to make suggestions on the media process prior to being asked!
- Develop an understanding of traditional and digital media, keeping abreast of new media opportunities and developments and the sharing of information with the planning group.
- Assist in the development, execution and roll up of media strategies and plans, leveraging research tools and prevalent historical client data for insight
- Perform ongoing stewardship of media plans and client documents
- Build and maintain relationships with media representatives/vendors & internal teams
- Assist with selling in plans and negotiating costs with vendors
- Flawlessly execute campaign using agency systems (MediaTools, MBox Research, etc.)
- Manage daily responsibilities and commitments, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all documents Assist other team members when necessary
- Attend industry & internal learning events to build an understanding of media market, opportunities & technologies and remain current on media trends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Media internship or one year experience in media planning preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical abilities
- Effective writing and presentation skills required; strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, work well under pressure and multi-task required
- MS Office preferred including strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
It is the Policy of Universal McCann, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.