Associate, Ratings Analytical - Higher Education
Associates are part of the complete ratings process including interacting on analytical matters with bankers, issuers, and analysts. Associates will analyze pertinent information and data necessary for rating determination on transactions. They will make recommendations to the rating committee and prepare material for ratings publication.
An Associate will be part of a team that meets with issuers and investors and will assist in resolving clients’ needs and assess client’s quarterly financial projections and business plan.
- Associates will develop analytical skills and knowledge with debt rating methodology essential for active participation in rating activities and committees.
- The Associate will assemble data and prepare written and oral presentations to the rating committee.
- Associates will assist in the collection and analysis of data dealing with a wide range of issues relating to their assigned industry, sector or asset, and established criteria.
- Associates will assist with answering and resolving client’s analytical needs, the client’s quarterly financial projections and criteria initiatives.
- The Associate should work towards taking an active role in rating committees, including voting on ratings.
- The Associate will analyze financial transactions and determine whether the transactions satisfy specific criteria.
- Must possess an MBA, JD, or CFA degree or other advanced degree with 1 - 3 years experience in the financial services industry; alternately, significant direct experience in the asset area can replace the degree requirement.
- Must have an understanding of financial markets and business environment including implications for S&P’s analytical products and services.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
- Have a strong proficiency with Excel and the ability to work with financial models, financial data, and financial statement analysis.
- Possess the ability to think analytically and possess strong problem-solving skills.
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see? Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's
, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 17 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....