Cohen Financial is seeking applicants with experience in commercial real estate finance and due diligence. The individual will work with CMBS lenders, opportunity funds, and insurance companies in underwriting and evaluating commercial real estate loans. It is important the person has a driven personality and passion for underwriting commercial real estate. Additional information on Cohen Financial and the Capital Advisory and Valuation Services department can be found at http://www.cohenfinancial.com/content.cfm/cavs.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Underwrite commercial real estate loans
· Perform Agreed Upon Procedures as part of underwriting process
· Provide clients with limited scope evaluation of commercial real estate properties
· Reconcile commercial real estate operating statements
· Investigate, analyze, and communicate micro and macro-level market dynamics
· Analyze and research comparable leases and sales, vacancy rates, comparable expenses through independent field work and conversations with local market participants.
· Review and interpret commercial real estate loan documents
· Interface with clients to obtain necessary documentation and appropriately manage the closing process of a commercial real estate loan.
· Create financial models to assist in underwriting process.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
· Three to five years of experience in commercial real estate
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility
· Ability to function in a team-oriented setting and to work independently on various projects
· Ability and willingness to travel, work extended hours including weekends (deal specific)
· Attention to detail and ability to function under tight time frames
· Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Excel
· Financial modeling experience
· ARGUS software, MS Office Products, database systems, Visual Basic
COHEN FINANCIAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER